Sunday, July 26, 2015

A day to remember- SSC106

Hello!  Happiest of Sunday's to you!  

It is Sunday Stamps time and we have a super fun sketch for you this week.


I know a couple of ladies who are expecting babies VERY soon, so I thought it appropriate to make a baby card using this fun sketch.  


For some reason I struggled with this card, but I am happy with the outcome, so it all works out.  It features a whole slew of products lines.  First and foremost is the bunny stamps from My Favorite Things (Birdie Brown  Collection, Adventure is Calling)- so cute!  I colored each using my Copics.  I mounted on some Studio Calico velum and then again on some Echo Park DP.  My accents include faux stitching across the top, star die cut from Lawn Fawn Dies, Freckled Fawn washi for the sentiment and sequins from Walter and Winnie (a gift with a recent order).  All are on the Crumb Cake SU! paper.  

Be sure to head on over to the Sunday Stamps blog and check out the amazing DT projects, leave a comment and get inspired to play!

___________________________________


I just returned from vacation in British Columbia, it was super fun.  This stamp set is a new purchase from Doodlebugs, a store in Sequim we hit n the way home.  Thanks for the recommendation Lesley Croghan!  Here are a few highlights from our trip....



I believe I am the only one in my family who enjoyed this..... 




The theme was heros and villains, there were so many amazing sculptures.




They did amazing things with these animals.  There were some resident animals who couldn't be released and others there were close to release.  It included mostly birds, but some bears and other small mammals too.  There was an amazing story about a Bald Eagle who had many prosthetic beaks for years until he passed. 



A fun retro hotel.  It lacked a few amenities like AC (would have been nice) but more than made up for it in it's retro style and fun atmosphere.  Included ping pong, a wii for kids, and a slide to the pool.  It was close to downtown and walkable, but they also had an old VW van made into a shuttle bus.  The price was good. 


Water Taxi from Fisherman's Wharf









Despite the sunny start, the seas where rough and windy.  We didn't see whales but did see this sweet baby seal and a few others.  I like the one playing peak-a-boo!  We had a fun adventurous boat ride.  Because there was no whale sighting, we got a full refund, which allowed us to do other fun things. 




There were other fun activities too.  I think it wore me out and I need a vacation from my vacation! ;)

Thanks for stopping!

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a cute baby card!
Looks like an awesome vaca!

Monika Reeck said...

Katie ...thanks for sharing the lovely Photo
looks you have fun there
and I want to say cuuttee card you made with the sketch
so clever to change the circle to be this cutie bunny..
love the coloring them and love that you used Kraft too and put a bit the paper with image at left side
really sweeeet and cute card
love this and see you soon on my DT card
hugs, Monika (teammate at SS)

wienerhoneymooners said...

AMAZING FUN trip... wish I was in your pocket all the way! SO HAPPY it was tons of fun!

Love this sweet mixed card, I HAVE to join you in this challenge! TOO inspiration girl!!!!

Annette Elliott said...

Your baby card is so darn cute!!! Love it! And I'm super jealous of your vacation! That looks like it was beautiful and a blast. May have to consider going there! :)

stampwithamyk said...

Too cute! I love your little bunnies, perfect for the sketch. You vacation pictures are pretty awesome too! :)

Lisa said...

Wonderful card! I love yellow so my eye was instantly drawn to this!

I used to live in Silverdale and went to Sequim all the time, as my husband had relatives there. Such a great town, although I hear it's really grown the last few years!

Great photos from your trip!

Claire Broadwater said...

Katie, love all your trip photos! It sure looks like an amazing vacation!
Your card is adorable! Love the little bunnies and the stars! XX