Thursday, May 7, 2015

Fusion's going Frilly

Hello!  Happy Thursday!  

This weekend is going to be the BEST-EST ever!  Why?  Well Fusion is here and that means you can come play AND it is my Hubby's birthday!  He is turning 40 and I am having a big surprise party for him on Saturday.  SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Don't tell!  We have family coming into town and all kinds of stuff planned. Also, I had two kidney stones last weekend, so by comparison, anything will be wonderful! :)

Back to the awesome challenge at hand....... 

....TA-DA!  Isn't this just a fun challenge.  I love the soft sweet image and the fun sketch.  



Here is the card I made this week.  I was so loving the sharp and crisp yellow and wanted to pull that out.  I stamped my SU! images on some Dear Lizzy DP, leaving the pink edge and hole for flair.  I colored the leaves grey and used that sharp yellow (Copics) and I just love how the colors turned out.  The background paper is dark grey, but there is a strip of black that is hard to see in the image.  I put the black strip up front and put my Pinkfresh Studio woodchippy on top.  Again, love this SU! set and the sentiment is awesome, it fit perfectly into this pre-punched Melon Mambo circle I had sitting in my scrap bin.  I am happy with this card, I just love the images and the intense color combo. 

So, that is all I have for you today, BUT the DT has lots more in store.  Go over to the Fusion blog and check everything out and then leave each of the DT members some love too. :)

Entering this into:  

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Let's get Sentimental



9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Girl, I hope he doesn't read your blog!

I absolutely ADORE those lemons!!!!!

Glad that you're feeling better♡

Julia Aston said...

Love the bright lemons! Happy B'day to hubby and hope your kidney stone issue is past!!

Migdalia said...

WOW!! Fabulous card!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Lynn said...

Ahhh...glad you are feeling better and a very happy birthday to your hubby! Hope you have a fabulous time celebrating! Love your card Katie!

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightful card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Those lemons sure pop - gorgeous!!

Deanne :)

Deepti said...

This is awesome! love ur coloring of the lemons :)

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! It looks like an art piece that should be hung on a wall. STUNNING design!!

cm said...

Happy lemons, happy pop of pink! I agree with Nora: work. of. art!
Hugs~c