Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Colour Me Striking #58

 Have you been caught up in the in valentines fever?  The world is dripping red and pink right now so you might as well eh?! ;)   If not, I have just the thing for you...

Check out this STRIKING Colour Me challenge!

My response...nothing says loving like Cherry Cobbler and Pink Pirouette!



These roses are an older embossing folder from Stampin' Up!  I have embossed it on white and again on velum.  I colored the roses in with my Copics and SU! markers so that it woudl show through the velum.  I trimmed along the top of the embossed image so the Cobbler paper would peak through the top.  I then added a few Neat and Tangled Sequins and a Simon Says Stamp "hello" die cut.  I love the final, I am pleased with how the flowers turned out. 

Time to go check out the Colour Me blog and the other lovely DT creations. 

Katie Brooks  (that's me!)

OK, your turn!!!  What will you make?

Entering this into: Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge 

14 comments:

Brandi said...

Just WOW! What a stunning card!

Kara Lynne said...

Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is on amazing creation - I keep staring at it - you should make a tutorial! Love that big hello die over it, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Katie!!

~amy~ said...

WOWZA

Jenny Engelke said...

I was enamored with this card from the first time I saw it! It is simply gorgeous! I love, love, love this technique. You aced this challenge Katie!!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wow Katie, such a stunner!!!

Deepti said...

Oh my breath taking beauty ! Love it

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you shared this card with us!! It's totally inspired me!! Just beautiful, Katie.

stampwithsandy said...

Katie, I couldn't wait to read your post and find out how you made those gorgeous flowers. How brilliant to layer the vellum over your beautiful coloring for come subtlety, and how awesome that I have this embossing folder and can try it for myself!

Emma Williams said...

This is absolutely beautiful and so elegant! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

Unknown said...

WOW this is gorgeous! :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is beautiful! I haven't seen this embossing folder in a really long time, and I've missed it!! I love the coloured roses behind the vellum. Great design.

Angel Johns said...

Simply stunning!!