Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy Birthday to someone special!

Today I have a big shout out going out to someone special!  It is his birthday today and though he is older than me, I'd still consider him young...ish!  heh-heh.  Who is that special someone?  it is my big brother!

I have to be honest, I don't envy him having a birthday right after Christmas.  I think that is a rough time to have a birthday, people always forget.  Or, they put thought into the Christmas gift but then don't know what to get for the birthday or vice versa if the birthday comes first.  I speak from experience here!  I never know what to get my brother for his birthday.  BUT he is really into cooking and is becoming quite the chef, so I've gotten him something along those lines.... SHHHHH!  DON'T TELL! ;)

This seemed like the perfect card for a January birthday, especialy since it is snowing and cold in his neck of the woods.  This features the little tiny baby snowman from the Paper Smooches Cool Dudes Set.  It is perfectly complimented by the Doodlebug Design DP paper.  The sentiment is from Verses Rubber Stamps, the cardstock SU!, the die from Top Dog Dies and the little snowflake gems from Impress.  I made a few different versions of this card with different sized snow folk and flakes, this one seemed to be the best-est for my brother. 

So, a big...Huge, GIGANTIC....   HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER!  I love you!




Entering this into:

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Happy Birthday to your brother!
Super cute card :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this sweet creation!!!!! -BIG HUGS!!!

cm said...

I'm light years behind in commenting, my friend, but here I am, chugging along, adding words to the oohing and ahhing that I've already done! I think you've definitely made a 'best-est for brother' card here! Wonderful images and sentiment - and your 'chef-inspired' gift has me intrigued! I know he loved everything, especially since it came from you, from the heart!
Hugs~c