Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Prints in the snow

It unexpectedly snowed here in Seattle the other day.  It was both surprising and wonderful and such a nice treat for Thanksgiving.  

That snow made me want to share this card I made for Top Dog Dies a few weeks back.  



I am in love with this new Top Dog Dies Darling Deer Die Set.  It is just such a lovely deer with the elegant antlers.  I felt that cutting it in cork would be fun with the texture, contrast and color.  I think it worked out.  It is super fun perched on the snow mounds and mounted against the Snow Village DP from Pink Paislee.  The soft muted colors remind me of the quiet that ensues when snow covers the ground.  I love the soft feel and the peace.  The CS and ribbon are both SU! products that created a nice finish and the fun filled greeting is from Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes. 

So, what is the typical weather this time of year in your neck of the woods?  Oh and where is your neck of the woods? Are you hoping for snow or other weather to come round for the holidays?

Entering this into:






4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love the cork!

Lynn said...

Love seeing you use your PaperSmooches goodies. Adorable card Katie!

Lisa Elton said...

All those colorful little houses and that fabulous cork deer...love it Katie!

Deepti said...

The cork deer looks so cool ! fab card :)