Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fusion #11

Can you believe we are 11 challenges in?!  Not me, no way!  I simply love playing with this challenge, it is so very fun... Every. Single. Time.

Now I am not typically a Christmas card in May kinda girl, but when I got a look at this week's inspiration, I simply couldn't look at it any other way.  I felt that if I didn't go Christmas I might as well not even participate!  I shudder at the thought! LOL!  Here is the challenge inspiration:




So here is my holiday card in response. I included the colors the music notes and the birds.  And no stamping here, can you believe it?!  I just slapped on this sticker from My Mind's Eye because it was perfect!




You know the drill, create either with the picture, sketch or BOTH!   Then head on over to Fusion and link it up.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  AND...if you haven't check out all the other ladies creations you really need to do that- they are AWESOME!!!!

As an aside, Chicadees are one of my favorite birds, they are so cute and fun and I love that even I can identify them by their song.  It really isn't hard, "chicka-dee-dee-dee."  Go take a listen outside if they frequent your neck of the woods and see if you can't hear them calling. I am also quite partial to hummingbirds (amazing feat of nature right there) and the Resplendant Quetzal in Costa Rica (which I've seen in person!!!).  Today's Question is-  what is your favorite bird?

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely mix of patterns on this beautiful Christmas creation Katie!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I love the birdie strip, and the Victorian feel!!! I love this Christmas Card !! I went Christmas too--with the help of your sentiment -Thanks!!!!

Deepti said...

Love a perfect mix of patterns and great design :)

Lesley said...

Lovely card, Katie...perfect for Christmas!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful patterned papers Katie! Love this card.

cm said...

Visual harmony...that's all. Stunning, lovely visual harmony...
c

Cathy Weber said...

This is so pretty Katie...my first thought was Christmas too! Love how you added that bird patterned paper...I almost missed the cute bird in the inspiration photo!

AB. said...

aaahhh....this is beautiful. Such soft vintage tones....I love the strip with the little birds :)