Saturday, February 8, 2014

Oh, please don't go.....I'll eat you up I love you so!

Do you know where that quote is from?  I'll give you a hint, it is from a children's book published in 1963.  Still stumped?  This classic is by the author Maurice Sendak that is still read today.  I know you know it even if you don't recognize the quote of any of these hints.  It is Where the Wild Things Are.  :)

I recently saw this digi image over at Tiddly Inks and it totally reminded me of Max, the King of Wild Things, from the book and the idea was borne.  TI's intention may have been to spark this likeness with their "King of Wild Ones," but their image is actually a boy in a dragon/lizzard outfit. I just cut off the spikes and made it work to for my purposes.  :)   So I made it into a fun valentine that would be perfect for some sweet (or not so sweet- wink!) little boy out there.  I used my SU! watercolor wonder crayons (neutrals) for coloring his outfit, colored pencils for the face and a gel pen for the gold accents.  It worked perfectly with this tag I had lying around, and the Teresa Collins You are My Happy paper pad.  I finished it with this lovely twine from the new to me company Knot and Bow and some enamel dots (also TC).

"And now" called Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"  I think I shall Max, I think I shall....  it will entail crafting, some girlfriends, and perhaps brunch and a mimosa!  For today's Question of the Day, I want to know what would your wild rumpus include?

Entering into:
CAS-ual Friday's 127-  Over the Edge
Tiddly Inks #126- Love is in the Air





18 comments:

Julie said...

Adorable card!

Michelle said...

Awwww...this is so sweet. Nicely done!
And honey....If I told you about my wild rumpus, you would loose all respect for me. ;)

Larissa said...

Very adorable card. Locve the soft colours. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challange.

Hugs,
Larissa

Lisa Lara said...

Totally cute Katie. So happy you joined our Tiddly Inks Challenge.

~amy~ said...

haha...love MichelleZ's comment....This is adorable...love your coloring and that big journal card/ticket! Perfect color combo for that sweet image!

Deepti said...

This is so sweet :) I love the popped up image !!

Loopylou. said...

omg omg omg! thats so totally cute!!! I love it. My rumpus would definitely be full of my little mo and marshmallows!!
thank you for playing along with the tiddly inkers
hugs Lou xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

Okay, you just tapped into my favorite book as a child!!!! That and ALL Shel Silversteins work!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh..I forgot, your card IT IS WONDERFUL!!! You rocked the Tiddly Inks, and I am sold! I actually have a wood set of Max and a wild thing....I love it so!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Very cute! Love the big letters!

Virginia L. said...

What a SWEET card, Katie! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Simple yet totally great! LOVE the colors. Very clever. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

Jingle said...

This card just stopped me here as I sit. I love it. I absolutely LOVE it. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

cm said...

This is just awesome+++, Katie! Talk about 'personalizing' your card for a 'sweet' little boy! LOVE it; clever, adorable, charming! And Where The Wild Things Are - a most excellent classic to showcase! Wild rumpus? Oh the possibilities...The phrase wild rumpus alone makes me collapse into giggles...
c

Kelly Griglione said...

I just LOVE Where the Wild Things Are! Awesome seeing Max on a card!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, what a great idea for a card and such a neat way to use this image! I'm sure it is a card that will be cherished! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Tiddly Inks!

Delphine said...

Totally cute!!! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks and good luck! Delphine xx

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Such a beautiful color palette for that image, really adorable outcome! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks for our "Love is in the Air" Challenge :)