Friday, February 7, 2014

Cut It Up Challenge- Love Beyond Measure

Howdy Ho!  Welcome to another week of Cut-it-Up Challenge!  I can't even believe some of the entries we've seen lately, so fantabulous!  Congrats to the winners and honorable mentions from the last
round, so fun!  

This round we have some fun in store for you for sure since we are going with the Valentines Day theme!  So make some Valentines for your loved ones while you play with us and maybe win some goodies ta-boot!  The fabulous As Cute as a Button is sponsoring us again, they have been soooo generous.  The winner of this round will get a $20 gift certificate. 

OK, now that you have the details, let's move onto the inspiration.  I am sure you have visited the CIU blog as well as all my teamies.  Those are some rockin' creations right?!  They are all lovely and frilly and fun.  Now I went with a different tact this round, perhaps I over did it with the pink lately...not sure, but I went for masculine and scrappy. Here's what I've got for you.

I kept it simple with minimal amounts of stuff and some good "dude-ish" colors.  The main focus is the journal card from Simple Stories which I cut out with my Lawn Fawn Journal die (I love that faux stitching!).  I used this fun Washi from Freckled Fawn  mainly because it matched, but also b/c I wanted my blog title to read Love Beyond Measure.  LOL!   Anyway,  I used the banner part of the die with cork for that fun little accent and the yellow enamel dots.  The sentiment and the ampersand finish it of to say, "you are loved and..." leaving you the ability to write whatever you want inside.  :)  

So....won't you come and play with us?  You have until February 19th at noon to enter.  You can check out the rules on the CIU blog. I can't wait to see what lovely creations you make (pun intended)!

For most of the people I know, V-day is typically for the ladies, but not all.  Since we've been talking Valentines for the dudes, my Question of the Day is- what do you give the man/men (dads, brothers, hubbys, etc.) in your life for Valentines Day, if anything? 


Entering my card into:
Lawnscaping Challenge- Dots and Hearts


 Thanks for stopping friends!







15 comments:

June Houck said...

Duuuuuude! You rocked this guy card and the valentine challenge, Miss Katie! I am tickled to be on this team with YOU :)

Deepti said...

Oh Katie this is so adorable, love all the elements and that banner is so cool :)

~amy~ said...

EXcellent! Aren't you clever with your title! Love the smidges of washi and the cork banner!

So, this year I'm giving Darin tickets to the dinner theater...or the theater that you can eat your dinner at , kwim? That way it is a win-win situation :)

I think you should give your hubby some new crafting supplies, I'm sure he'd love them (wink).

Joyce said...

Thank you for playing along at CASology this week.

Anonymous said...

I love all the layers on your card, especially the banner and the punches of yellow. You really rocked it!

Evelyn

Migdalia said...

Such a wonderful manly card!!! I love all the elements! Awesome job my friend!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Tracey McNeely said...

So fun Katie, love that washi tape! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Lin said...

What a great mix of elements, Katie! It's hard to do a Valentine for a guy, but you've succeeded! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Rose said...

fantastic male card!!! love the measuring tape washi!!!

my hubby gets a card (which i have yet to make!!yikes)

Tamara said...

Lovely card!!
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
xx Tamara

Elise C. said...

Your card is so cute! I really like the colors that you used! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

cm said...

Katie *waving wildly* I'm late but here (soooo much hectic-ness, of late - esp. the 51 Valentine Day cards I made). Your card is fantabulous! The colours, the measuring tape (and corresponding clever blog title), the images: yes, this is most certainly an outstanding guy V-day card. Awesome! My husband won't be here on Valentine's Day, but when he's home: nice supper and definitely a chocolate cake!

Yainea said...

Great mix of elements! Masculine cards are hard for me and I love yours
Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful details. Great card!

{Chrissie} said...

This is AWESOME. I love the colors and your use of all of the embellishments. Fantastic. Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!