Monday, January 27, 2014

Inspired by Yainea!

I love this round of Lawnscaping Challenge!  They have so many talented designers both on their blog and FB page, so it was fun to pick one (from the blog) and create a card that payed homage to them.  The card can be inspired by one of their cards, their style or a technique you saw them use.

It was hard to pick just one, but I've admired Yainea's stuff since before she was part of Lawnscaping, so I went with her as my inspiration.  Perusing her blog, this card caught my eye, such a lovely valentine by her (see right).  There is something about the diagonal that is different, maybe just because you don't see it all the time but I love it.

Here is what I created using my inspiration from Yainea!  It was so easy to make the slant, I just traced around my ruler, using the width provided by it and wahlah!  After deciding I wanted clouds inside it was easy to finish this card up.  A little DP and cork for the balloons was perfect for paper piecing.  While we are discussing...I actually have a confession to make to go along with it....I have had this set for a long time, since it first came out....and this is the first time I inked up the balloons!!!!  I know, I can't even believe it myself, but it is true.

So thank you Yainea and all the LF, Lawnscaping blog and FB DT, you all do amazing work and continue to inspire!



12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Love Yainea! Her designs are always fabulous, a great CASE of her Katie!

Virginia L. said...

I adore your card inspired by Yainea, Katie! Love your choice of paper for the balloons and the layering is fabulous! Outstanding job you did! Way to rock the challenge!

Yainea said...

Wow!! I'm so honored! You've created an amazing card, so so pretty! I love the colors and the fun touch of the peeking clouds :)
Oh! And thank you so so much for your sweet words, I love your creations!

Sharna W. said...

This card is fantastic! Love it! That paper looks fantastic for the balloons.

Lynn said...

Oh wow! You knocked your CASE of Yainea out of the park. The chevron balloons are amazing!

Unknown said...

Wow, that card is gorgeous! I pinned it so I can steal the idea. I love the colors!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Katie. Love the colorful hot air balloons. The papers are so pretty... and I Love the angle... and those little clouds! Perfect design.

Kari said...

FABULOUS!!

Michelle said...

This is so sweet. I love those balloons!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love it!!! I haven't inked my balloons yet....You inspired me tho!!!

cm said...

Hot air balloons, with those papers you've selected: love!! Your Yainea-inspired card is wonderful, especially because its infused with "your" style and flair! Fabulous, cheerful and so delightful!!
c

Charlene B. said...

Wow! Katie, your card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping.