Sunday, September 29, 2013

PSL10

Fall is definitely here.  There is a crispness in the air that wasn't around a few weeks ago.  Did you know you could get an early Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks by saying PSL10?  Pretty neat how Starbucks is using the trendy/hip acronym to make it cool.  Anyone can get it now though.  I don't actually like the Pumpkin Spice Latte, which is odd because I love pretty much anything else pumpkin.  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin ravioli.  I can't think of one thing besides PSL10 I don't like (Sorry Kimberly!).

So this card is inspired by PSL10, by fall and pumpkins, and by leaves and acorns.  It is also inspired by this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge with this fun image and this week's CASology Challenge which is Autumn.  I used my PS Hot Concoctions set and the sentiment is from A Muse.  I used marker, colored pencil, a white pen, orange sparkle pen and glossy accents on the various colored bits.  Looking at it makes me want to snuggle up by the fire and drink some cocoa, yum.




Today's Question of the Day is from CM who wants to know what your favorite cookie recipe is?  Since we are talking fall and pumpkin, my fave pumpkin cookies can be found here.  (Technically not the exact recipe, mine comes from my mama, but they are pretty darn close).  What makes these cookies is the icing on top, the perfect sweet touch for the pumpkin flavor!  

10 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

I had a PSL10 today, LOL!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely cuppa card!!!

My fave recipe is Pumpkin Squares Found here:
http://wienerhoneymooners.blogspot.com/2012/10/pumkin-squares.html

~amy~ said...

LOVE your card, but you probably already knew that.

Gotta check out that pumpkin cookie recipe..yum.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

cm said...

Say "pumpkin" and my attention is captured - and you've definitely shared some amazing pumpkin info here! I'm not a latte fan period (milk = ick), but everything else you've mentioned has my taste buds tingling! The cookie recipe; THANK YOU! Giving these a go later in the week and I know they'll be scrumptious. Speaking of tasty delights - your card is eligthful, pretty eye-candy! LOVE it!! Have an excellent Monday!
c

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful card! And those cookies look DELISH!!! So glad you played along at Paper Smooches SPARKS!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

ooooooh, you did NOT just show me a super cute card and THEN give me a recipe for PUMPKIN COOKIES?? There goes my diet! haha! I love pumpkin bread, and was going to make some tomorrow.... unless I have the ingredients for these instead! ;) *hugs*

Rose said...

fun card and yummy cookies :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! This is SOOOOOOOOO fabulous! I LOVE that you were inspired by "steam" and used that for the butterflies flying!! LOOOOOOOVE this card-- amazing!

Answer: I don't bake... so I don't really have a fav recipe... and I don't really like sweets (I would rather have a baked potato).... but I will eat Subway's White Macadamia Nut cookies! And I LOOOOOOOOOVE black/white cookies (they are almost like cake... but I don't like cake... but I LOVE these cookies!)! LOL!

ps.... remember when you asked about our fav comic/thing? I found Slylock Fox on Facebook!!!!!!!!!! And I took a pic of it in the Sunday paper today! I will share it with you on FB:) LOL!

ps2....THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect challenge <3 Hope you will link up your creations this week (it's ANYTHING GOES!!!)!!!

Unknown said...

so pretty. love the calm, soothing colors :)