Monday, August 26, 2013

Mama's takin' us to the Zoo tomorrow....

...zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow.... and we can stay all day.  Going' to the zoo, zoo, zoo.  How about you, you, you?...

What?  You don't want to hear me sing anymore?  Well it is a good thing you are only reading it and not hearing my actual voice!  :)  The real question is, have you heard that song by Raffi?  Well I bring it up because...well because I can't get that song out of my head...but I also bring it up because I had a fun trip to the zoo on Saturday with my BFF and her son Cruz!   (Side note- as a parent almost every single reference I have goes back to something for kids, kids music, kids books, kids movies.  No wonder you non-parental units out there don't want to talk to the likes of me! LOL!)   This last weekend I was lucky enough to have a visit from two of my favorite people in the whole world, my BFF Lin
dsay and her son Cruz (age 3)! We have been friends for many years and I love to be around her, we just always have a hoot together!  It is always soooo fun when she visits that I wish she would stay forever (working on that part and you can help me later- GRIN!).  OK, enough distractions... so we went to the zoo and let me tell you there were babies galore there.  We saw baby lions, jaguars, komoto dragons a baby giraffe and apparently there are baby otters too, though we didn't see them.  We also spied our very favorite kind of baby monkey!  We were lucky enough to snap a photo....

Anyway, my friend LB is just the best.   I know that she is there for me no matter what I am feeling or needing and there is NEVER a shortage of laughter  And her son.....soooooooo cute!  I love that little guy like he is my own family, I would do anything for him.  Anyway, like I mentioned earlier, I just can't get enough of them and wish we lived in the same city.  Wanna help me work on her?! ;) Sure you do....send out vibes to Lindsay and Cruz for me to move to Edmonds, WA.  LB I think you might be reading this and chuckling about now. :)

I have a card to share with you, but first I'll ask today's Question of the Day- What is your favorite animal and why?  Perhaps it is your pet that you love or maybe it is an animal that facinates you.  I happen to love lots of critters for many reasons, but here are a few that pique my interest at this moment- the elephant with it's long memory, the giraffe with it's strange long legs and neck and bony knobs on its head, and the sea is just teaming with strange creatures.  So now it is your turn to tell me, but FIRST, take a look at today's card.


This is one for Neat & Tangled's birthday  and the Eat Cake Challenge over at the Little Tangles Blog.  I used the free digis they provided to make this fun card.  Love me some free digis BTW!  Anyway, I printed the sentiment small across the bottom of the paper, colored it a bit and used it as a banner on my card.  The cake is fun and I didn't have to add much, but I wanted some sparkle, so other than some color I added some Stickles to dress it up. I used my Doodlebug Washi tape for the cake platter to go with the DP. Finally, I finished my card off with some of these fantastic of the N&T birthday sequins.  Pretty easy peasy, and I am happy with how it turned out.


Thanks for stopping and commenting, I always love to read your comments!


6 comments:

cm said...

Your zoo trip sounds fabulous, and yes, having family/friends live closer just makes sense! In my perfect world, I'd be living next door to my niece and nephew! Your card is absolutely darling! My favourite animal: miniature schnauzers! I had 2, who I spoiled and pampered immeasurably. One of these days, new puppy coming home (I hope!!)
c

Virginia L. said...

I love the use of pattern paper and glitter on your card! SO sweet! Your zoo photo is so sweet! I happen to visit a local farm last Sunday and LOVED it! I think I love the goats there...something about their looks and how they bleat. The goats make me smile!

Unknown said...

adorable, Katie! How fun your day sounds, and those kind of friends are always the best :)

Unknown said...

adorable, Katie! How fun your day sounds, and those kind of friends are always the best :)

Unknown said...

I love this rainbow herringbone pattern...awesome design Girlie! :)

My fave animal? ooof...I can't choose just one. Animals are my heart. When people have hurt me, betrayed me...animals have healed it with their pure, non-judgmental love. <3 them all

~amy~ said...

Sounds like you all had a great day at the zoo!
What a fun way to use the digi's! Awesome card and of course, those sequins are fab! Love the smidge of glitz on the cake!
Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles:)