Monday, July 29, 2013

A couple of tweeties!

Reminder- I am giving away blog candy on this post- go comment to win!


Hiya!  Monday again, here we go.  I can't say I had a restful weekend, but got to see some friends and some of the kiddos friends and it was fun.  My brother was in town visiting and he and my husband did "guy things" all weekend (UFC fight, soccer game, etc.) and had fun too and that makes me happy. :)  Already ramping up for next weekend, we are leaving for camping on Friday.  It will be a large family affair.  The weather should hold out with a chance of thunder storms (which I like but would mean that I have a child plastered to my leg the entire time...) so should be fun. :)

So, I recently won a new stamp set from the Newton's Nook Designs innagural release- Winged Wishes.  I was so excited, the sets are so cute and fun!  (You did know I like cute right?!)  I figured the best way to break "her" in was to use her for the first Inky Paws Challenge over there at NND!  Yahooooo!  This first challenge is a sketch- check it out!  I combined this with the Color Throwdown Challenge 252 because...well... this is a gorgeous pallette.  Of course since these bright colors and fun images are an ode to summer and sunshine I have to enter into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge- Ode to Sunshine
Here is the card.  I used my new washi tape which was a gift from my friend Amy- yummers!  Thanks Ams!  The twine came wrapped around the Winged Wishes set so it just seemed like I had to use it (I mean that was a stamping sign if ever I've seen one...wink!) .  I am loving the flowers and all the brightness from the various paper packs (LF, BasicGrey, etc.).  So what do you think?

You may have noticed that I called my stamp set "her"...obviously this is because "she," like all my sets have their own personality.  There are a few dudes in there, but mostly females.  So, for the Question of the Day- What inanimate objects to you assign genders or names to, what are they and why?

18 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Pretty card! Great take on the sketch!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Sweet card, those cute birds are adorable and I love the banner. Great idea to showcase the image in a circle and the washi tape is very eye catching. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

wienerhoneymooners said...

So Cute!

When we bought our house, I bought brand new front loading monstrous washing machine and dryer set.

The Washer is named Cherry and the Dryer is named Herbie!

(Cherry because I really wanted them is Cherry Red, and Herbie because they are white, and squatty round like Herbie the Love Bug!!) My boy was not happy when I named them and told him how important it was to check pockets so as not to damage them.

Every once in awhile he would say " You love them more than you love me!"

That he knows, will never be true!
But I think at first his feelings were hurt...

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, that is just too sweet! Darling card... thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Patrice said...

What a cute card!

Elise C. said...

Aw, that card is so cute! That was one of my favorite sets by Newton's Nook! I have never assigned a gender to my stamps, but I do call my car a "him"!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Hi Katie - thanks so much for participating in our Challenge! I'm so glad you are enjoying your new stamps from Newton's Nook Designs!

Stacey Schafer said...

so darling, Katie! must go check out your giveaway!!!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet birds and banner floating along in your lovely sky! Adorable card! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week!

~amy~ said...

Check out your fun card!!!!!!!! Love the layers and all the goodies you used!

Sounds like you had a busy weekend and another one coming up!

Samantha Mann said...

super fun card!! love the paper piecing you did! and awesome repurposing of the twine!!!! thanks for playing and getting your paws inky!! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fun card using the birdies to carry your sentiment! Great use of the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Unknown said...

EEEEK! Love this! So cute!!! Awesome paper piecing!

cm said...

Darling, sweet and adorable card! Fantastic! Love your paper-piecing! As for inanimate-named objects: my husband's car is a 'hand-me-down' from his dad, a most generous gesture. While I think the car is wonderful, it's a big 'older' man-ish...so I call it "Frumpy" (and when I'm feeling especially loving, Frumpers). At first, my husband was not impressed, but of late, he too fondly refers to 'him' as Frumpy. Too funny!
c

Jocelyn Olson said...

Oh my goodness--this is so cute! The paper piecing on the banners and birds is fantastic! I'm glad you linked up to the Inky Paws challenge. :) LOL about the gender of your stamp sets. I do that, too (not for stamps, but for other things, like my kids' toys).

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a cute card you made for the first challenge. I love it.

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Your card is so cute--love the little birds!

Chris L.

Chark said...

love the birds in pp!