Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ode to Turtle Man

Have you ever seen the Turtle Man?  It is one of those shows on Animal Planet, that takes place in the South....the deep, deep South... where the redneck guy comes in, flashes his gap tooth grin and makes his yoddely holler before catching turtles, gators, badgers, snakes, etc., and safely removes them from your property.  It is pretty goofy and funny, especially when he whoops out, "Yeee-ye-ye-yee!" but it really is noble since he cares about the animals and wants to keep them safe. 

Now you might be thinking, "what does that have to do with anything?" Well hold up, ya'll, I bout to tell you! ;)  I have a co-worker who introduced me to this fun loving redneck show.  Her birthday is a few days away and so I went ahead and made her a birthday card that shows some appreciation for that...GRIN!  This card is from the Lawn Fawn Critters Down Under Set.  It didn't come with a turtle, so I am going to have to remedy that by purchasing the Critters in the Sea set don't you think?!  I was working with limited supplies when I made this as I was traveling but I think it turned out pretty cute despite that.  I love the October Afternoon Cakewalk paper for the background DP and the paper peiced croc. 

Post picture, I went back in and a party hat from the Hats Off To You set that I got just last week, but I didn't get a photo of it.  Consequently, I think this is a fun card to enter into the current Lawnscaping Challenge for which the category is "Lets Party!"  The reason for this category is because it is their birthday! :)

So with that I hope that both my co-worker and Lawnscaping have excellent birthdays!  The are both fantabulous!



4 comments:

{Chrissie} said...

Darling, darling card! I love the pattern play, too. Great job!

Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

Elena said...

Aw, love how much thought you put into your card - I'm sure your co-worker was thrilled! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

TOOOOOO cute! LOVE that patterned paper and that alligator! I have heard of this show--- makes me laugh just thinking about it! This is the perfect card for your friend:)

Yainea said...

She's going to love this birthday card! I Love it as shown in the picture and the hat is for sure a perfect touch! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)