Monday, July 23, 2012

Stretching your stamps


This card wasn't even planned, I was just playing around with that platypus from Lawn Fawn's Critter's Down Under set and was trying out the mirror technique.  I had no plan in mind when making this card, but little by little it came together. I used a whole slew of LF sets, six to be exact!  That's right, SIX!  Here they are:

  • The platy's you know- Critter's Down Under
  • The log and sentiment came from Critter's in the Forest
  • The cloud- Bon Voyage
  • The little cloud puffs and the bow came from Pa-Rum-Pa-Pum-Pum
  • The bigger heart came from Critter's Ever After
  • The little hearts came from Cruising Through Life
As this creation came to life, I was wanting to use this patterned paper in the backdrop because again, this one had the inspiration photo for Lawnscaping's Challenge written all over it.  Just like in the picture, I actually originally wanted to use it for a little bow tie to make a little boy platypus, but it didn't quite work out that way.  Despite that, I think this card turned out really fun. What do you think of my girl platy's lips?  :)

Obviously I was pretty impressed with myself by using these stamps in so many ways.  That just makes the stamps so much more valuable; being able to use them for something other than what they are.  The possibilities are just endless.  What other uses can you see?  What else can I use some of these stamps for?  I would love to hear your ideas!  I've got one to leave you with too- that smallest little cloud puff would make a perfect piece of popcorn don't you think?!

Happy Monday all!

4 comments:

Samantha Mann said...

i think your card is absolutely adorable!!! love it!!! :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Aw, cuteness! Love how you add bow to the girl platypus. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping. :)

Elena said...

hee hee! love it! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at lawnscaping :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute, Katie! You did a fantastic job reverse stamping the platypus. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches August Release Hop!