Thursday, July 5, 2012

2 + 2 + 2

Hellooooo.  Hoping that those of you who celebrate the 4th of July had a wonderful day yesterday!  We didn't do much ourselves except go to a local parade, BBQ for dinner and *hear* (not see) lots and lots of fireworks late into the night.  It kept me up for a while, but eventually I was able to sleep and didn't mind so much. It only happens once a year and is always so fun.

Today I have two cards for you for two challenges from two of my favorite stamps companies!  The first is for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge blog, the July 1-8 trend watch based on this picture.

Obviously, I was feeling a little red-white-and-blue here, I didn't go that direction on purpose, but hey, whatever works! :)   I like the crayon from the Smarty Pants set, because I feel it channels the kid in all of us.  In this card it represents what was and what is and would be a perfect card for a teacher or maybe a graduate.


Second I have another card for the Lawnscaping Challenge #37, Using Dimesion.  You may have seen my first post here in which they let me be guest designer for a day on this challenge!  My first time being a guest designer, so super exciting for me! :) :)  This card is actually my entry for the contest.  


This stork is my fave stamp in this stamp set- Plus One.  I have made so many cards with this birdie!  I also used the little tiny heart from the set, colored it with my glittery jelly roll pen and cut it out to put it on that bundle of joy for a little extra emphasis.  You can see the close up below. :)


I am expecting a some LF stamps in the mail any day now, belated b-day present from my hubby (ISN"T HE THE BEST!) and I am seriously chomping at the bit waiting for them!









9 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

both cards are adorable..love the red one and the congrats card is so cute...you do a great job dear...good luck with the challenge..

I am joining also the challenge from Paper Smooches and my card is number 12, would you mind to see it on my Blog..many thanks before :) hugs, Monika

PS: If you off the character under your comment pages maybe many comes and leave you comment dear cause it is not so easy to read that word verification :( I try it again now :)

Elena said...

I adore your congrats card! It's so super cute - and the heart only on 1 bundle is great. Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping challenges!

Tamara said...

super cute baby card!! love it. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping

Karen M said...

Both your cards are gorgeous and have great designs, hugs x x

Julie S said...

I love your cards! Your little popped-up stork is perfect.

jenn shurkus said...

both of your cards are fabulous! the stork card is so sweet- i love the added touch of adding the lil heart!
thank you for playing along at lawnscaping

Christiana said...

Absolutely love this sweet card. You added just the perfect amount of dimension with the stork and the heart. It really comes to life. Enjoy your new Lawn Fawn stamps! A hubby who buys you LF is a hubby worth keeping! ;o) Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE both of the cards--love that paper on the first one! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

Karen B. said...

Love, love, love your cards, especially the second one! It is like a parade of babies, and babies are always so fun! What a clever use of the stork stamp!