Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Falling" for two step stampin'


In general, I wouldn't call myself a two-step stamper.  I don't think I really have the vision, or...if I am being honest...the patience to do things in two steps.  For example, I won't use a stampamajig.  Nope, don't think so, I flat out refuse!  I'd rather screw it up about 10 times or not do it at all than use one of those.  I don't know why or what it says about me, but...I accept myself as I am. 

When I first saw the Gently Falling set from SU! I thought, I'll never use it!  But after seeing it time after time with the delicious Spice Cake DSP (also SU!) I had to have it.  Seeing those leaves in the pool party is just my fave.  So I got it and it sat for a while, but now I am finally using it and this is what I have to show for myself.

What do you think?  Such fun paper!  Thinking outside the box by reminding myself I don't have to use a fall set for thanksgiving(!) I made this masculine birthday card.

OK, lunch break is over, time to work! Thanks for stopping!

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

OH, so pretty Katie. Love the gorgeous fall paper and the leaves. I love 2-step stamps too... no need for coloring... lol

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

It's always refreshing when we challenge ourselves to go out of our norm. I love the results you got, Katie, and applaud you for giving it a go! :)