Monday, December 13, 2010

All I want for Christmas is...


Do you know that song, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"?  So funny!  I think being a mother has made me sillier. Are all parents dorks or does that just run in my family?
That is one of the things I love about being a mom, it is so exciting to experience things for the first time again!  Of course it isn't my first Christmas, or time seeing Santa, but watching my daughter's reaction for the first time is priceless.  It is so fun to see her get all excited!  Sophie keeps asking me, "Can we decorate the tree again?!" :)
My little one is shy though, doesn't like strangers.  Takes to strange men even less than women.  This is all good in "stranger-danger" land, but she wanted to go see Santa for the first time this last weekend.  Hoever,, she wasn't quite up to the task when we got there..... look at her traumatized face!  Poor girl didn't know what to think and didn't say one word to jolly old St. Nick! Ah well, I am sure he gets that alot.
So with that fun little tale, just wanted to share some Season's Greetings cards I made for my friend Sarah.  I just love this non-traditional color combo (Poppy Parade and Bashful Blue).  I also love that little bird with the star stamp, I can't seem to get enough of it.  :)  This is a versatile card that can work for any denomination.
OK, thanks for stopping by, I'll try not to be a stranger and post more.  Before that I'll try to get some cards made, I haven't done MY holiday cards yet!!!
Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Bree Overly said...

Awww. So cute! I was thinking of taking Charlotte to see Santa. Not sure if that will happen, but would be fun. Cute card, too!!!

Bree

Anonymous said...

Oh that photo is priceless! Too dang cute. Cute card, too! Thanks for stopping by today!