Friday, October 8, 2010

Thank you, can you ever say it enough?

Yesterday afternoon I was working on 25 thank you cards that a friend commissioned me to make.  (It is hard to tell here, but the color behind the flower is Concord Crush, as is the greeting, the color of the card is the retired Apricot Appeal.  And I took the pic crooked-doh!)  He is transitioning jobs (same organization, different projecct) and wanted to give all the people who had helped him throughout the current job at thank you.   I thought about what a wonderful thing he was doing acknowledging his appreciation.  Honestly, I don't think there can ever be too many thank you's in the world, you just can say it enough.


Right now this is especially true in my life as I am trying to teach my toddler about using manners.  I am generally pretty good about saying please and thank you anyway, but I want to set a good example for her.  So I am being extra dilligent and saying thank you, even for the smallest things.  In turn that those around me are more willing to help and/or contribute when they receive the praise.  Makes sense  doesn't it?!  And really it makes everyone feel better!  So....saying thank you is a good thing.

Now I want to THANK ALL OF YOU for visiting my blog and leaving encouraging comments!  If I never received feedback, I might not blog any more, but you do so I do!  We're all happy! :)  THANKS AGAIN!!!!

5 comments:

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for your support for Caring Hearts Card Drive! Really appreciate it. Hugs.

Jennifer Blomquist said...

This looks like a very cute card and the color combo sounds great. I'm sure your friend and his co-workers will love them.

Anonymous said...

I agree - it is important to send out thank you's. Cute card, I'm sure he'll like them!

Het zonnetje in huis said...

Hi Katie,

What a lovely blog ! nice work!

(Sorry fot the language, I try, I'm from Belgium.)

Greetings, Jaimie

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I love this card. It's perfect in every way.

Teri