Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mr. Golden Sun

My kiddo is all about singing songs in the car these days. One after another and I never get tired of them b/c she is so cute!  The other day she was singing, "Mr Golden Sun won't you please shine down on me."  Although she didn't have to, because thankfully the sun has been out for about a week straight now (knock on wood!) and it has been oh so lovely!  We spend many of our afternoons/evenings at the beach digging in the sand and playing in the water.  She is a total water baby!  Anyway, I've been thoroughly enjoying her, the beach and Mr. Golden Sun!

Actually, we had a rough patch with the family and work this week.  My husband has to work a lot of OT and on Monday he worked 22 hours!  That's right, 22 straight!  Crazy and amazing he didn't hurt himself since he does a lot of heavy lifting/labor all day.  Meanwhile I was up half the night cursing his employers because they are very abusive of him and his co-workers (in the sense that they are poor employers, expect a lot and give very little).  Bblah, blah, blah, you don't need to know every detail of my life right! :)  Basically, I have to say that although I was POed the sun made it easier.  Yep, you know in the winter that might have been harder for me to handle, but Mr. Golden Sun here, along with a little of that good old Vitamin D, really does help to keep my spirits up.

So today I have a card that is an ode to Mr. Golden Sun that I made a few days back.  This is also, basically (in my mind) a cartoon version of my daughter playing on the beach.  So cute and so perfect (most of the time...heh!).  All the supplies are Stampin' Up! with the exception of the stamps themselves, which are from Pink Cat Studio.

Thanks for stopping by and note that encouraging comments are always welcome!

No comments: