Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Birthday's On The Brain

By mid-June I always have birthday's on my brain.  Mainly because my birthday is at the end of the month. :)  And this year it coincides with the new SU! catalog release, so guess what is on my birthday list?!?!  Yep, new catty stuff!  But also because some of my good friends have bithday's around this time too, Lindsay, Tod, Deeznuts, Julie and her soon to be baby Alexander...and many more wonderful people after that!

Not to brag, but summer birthday's really are the best.  You have so many options for things to do, and so many of them are free!  Not to mention the sun adds a nice little something, like it is shining just for you.  My birthday present (other than SU! stuff!) will be a visit from my dad and a much needed hair cut.  I think it has been at least a year by now!!! 

Anyway, with all these birthday's on the brain I have been making birthday cards.  More than anything I have been making masculine cards, not sure why, but OK, whatever right.

This first one uses the new SU! color Cherry Cobler.  I have to say, I am really loving it.  Maybe it is just this fresh new color combo for me, but it works.

This second one is masculine right- what do you think????  I actually think it could go either way, but it was originally intended for a man...before I added the rhinestones.  But really, it needs them, they work right?

So what do you think, should I offer a special deal since it is my birthday month?!?!  If you live locally (Seattle Area) and email me the items you are wanting from the new catalog ($50 or more in merchandise) by July 1st- I will give you free shipping.  I know it is hard to know what you want, but that is why I am having an open house on June 30th (aka my birthday celebration)!  I will have the new catty and lots of prizes to be won!  Want to come?  Send me an email and I'll send you the details.  Easy as pie.  :)  For anyone who isn't local or can't come to my b-day party.  Spend $50 and on the week of June 28th- July 1st and I will give you a roll of 1/4" grossgrain ribbon (your color choice)!  This offer can be extended to those at the party as well in exchange for free shipping.

Cheers, enjoy the sun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVELY cards, Katie! I especially like the second one - so pretty!. And I cannot thank you enough for your kind words on my last blog post...you are a dear!

Come visit me in Nashville anytime!

Karen said...

Katie....love both of these cards...but, I adore that tools card! So cute!
Karen