Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Little Love Monkey

So Christmas is over but I still have some SU! Designer Series Christmas Paper, what should I do with it?! Yes, I could save it for next year, and likely some of it will be around next year, but I figure if I can use if for something else, might as well right? So enter my red and vanilla striped DSP. Now, I think red, I think Christmas, but also valentines, so I decided to use this red and vanilla in a combo with pinks for a fun valentines card. Here is my Little Love Monkey Card:






Isn't that monkey so cute hanging from the O in LOVE. That little guy is from my new Fox and Friends Clear Mount Stamp Set from SU!'s Occassions Mini Catalog. (Yep, SU is no selling clear mount stamps for those of you that don't like the space the wood blocks take up.) I adore this stamp set, SU! has some decor elements in their Definitely Decorative Catalog that are just like it. If we didn't have highly textured walls, I'd be all over these for Sophie's room!

Anyway, making this card was fun because I got to use some of the new booty I got for Christmas. :) :) :) The letters are the SU! Simple Alphabet die my hubby got me for my Big Shot. (Again, love you hubby!) These are so fun and I will use them so much, especially for scrapbooking. I also used the new studio in a box JPW (hubby) got me to take a better picture. You can totally tell how much better the quality is with this- compare, this pic to another older card with similar colors below:



NO CONTEST! The image with the studio is clearer, the colors are brighter and the backdrop isn't all washed out. I can tell I am gonna LOVE this thing. If you want to check it out, you can find it HERE. Obviously my hubby did a great job with the Christmas gifts this year! I hope he is enjoying his too (although I got him the Wii Fit and then our TV died right before Christmas! Bummer!!! I am sure he won't mind saving up for a new better TV though...)

Don't forget to check out the Occassions Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Catalog (go to the upper right of the blog to click on them or just go here.) to check out the awesome new product and great deals!

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Tib said...

Love the card, and the monkey. Love the Wii Fit, hope you guys get your tv fixed soon: I like Rythem parade, Huntyr loves Super Hula Hoop.

Anonymous said...

Your card is just adorable, Katie! Your monkey is too cute hanging there!