Monday, August 31, 2009

Mia and Maryann on Mojo Monday

Say that five times fast! Today's post consists of a few cards I made over the weekend. Both for people who are a source of positivity in my life.
First is the birthday card I made for little Mia. She turned 1 this August. Although I already made her a card (you can view it here) the package with presents and card got lost in the mail. :( It was really my fault, my brother had just moved and I forgot to use the new address. Although he had a forwarding address, the package never arrived. So what can you do, little Mia MUST have a b-day present from us, so be bought another and made another card. Truthfully, I like this card better, so whatever. The layout was based on last monday's Mojo Monday Challenge. I love these bright colors, the pink flamingo is still one of my favorite sets of DSP in the Current Catalog. Everything is SU! except the image, which is from Stamping Bella.
This next card is for Maryann. She was one of the teachers and Soaps daycare. She was so kind and a very gentle in nature type of person. We'll all miss her, especially Sophie. I made this card for her from Sophie. It is a little adult in nature, but Sophie is currently obsessed with shoes, would eat lots of chocolate if we let her, likes to run around stores and touch everything when I/we shop and really did like Maryann, so it works. This stamp set is perfect for a waterfall card, so there you have it. I put a picture of Sophie on the inside and a little note from all of us. We weren't at daycare on Maryann's last day, so I hope she got it and knows she will be missed. All supplies in this one are SU!


That's about all for today and I don't have time to post all supplies. If you are curious about anything, please let me know and I will give you the list. Thanks for stopping by it means a lot to me! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards, Katie! Love them both. It looks like you are such a good friend!

Tib said...

The birthday card for Mia is amazing. I love it.

mollycoddler said...

These are so great! Love the flip-up card.