Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The grass is always greener...

...in other pastures right?! Well here I sit in Seattle and it is wonderful outside, sunny, summery, BUT...yep always a but...it is 95-100 degrees and WE DON'T HAVE AC IN THESE PARTS!!! I am not alone in this scenario, lots of others I know are the same, but I want to tell you that my Condo is South facing with lots of windows and skylights- it is like 90 degrees INSIDE AT NIGHT! Needless to say, we are a grumpy bunch, since we aren't sleeping well. OK enough whining right, your thinking, "what is your point?!" ;) My point is, this is one of the few times I am thinking of winter in the middle of summer (also one of the few times I am happy to go to work, since it has AC- lol!). So last night, I made a Christmas Card. Ice pack on my neck, ice water in hand, I was dreaming of snow!




I made the card above using the Mojo Monday template (or what parts hadn't melted away from my memory yet! Looks like I missed the photo corner in the upper left- oh well!) You can see the template below.

All Supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps- Holiday Best (level One Hostess)
Paper- Real Red, Glossy White and Old Olive CS. DSP Merry Moments
Ink- Real Red
Accessories- Scallop Circle Die #2, Organza Ribbon, Pretties Kit, Trio Flower Punch & Star Brads from the Silver Hodgepodge Hardware.

Now this card was sent to me by one of my stamping buddies. Now I have only met her once briefly and mainly communicated via email. She had recently moved and was unpacking and found my birthday gift in a box and sent it. Along with this lovely card, she sent me a supercute magnet. Isn't that just the sweetest thing! Thank you soooooooo much Michelle, you are so nice! Now get that challenge going (and finished) so I can buy you a drink!!! Sure could use it today- 101 degrees- gonna die! bleh!!!!


Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie, I really feel your pain, as I hate the extreme heat! I hope it cools off for you soon! Lovely card...I can't wait to get my hands on that paper!

Tracey said...

Sorry to hear about the crazy heat and no AC - that's nuts! Love your card though. It's gorgeous!