Friday, July 31, 2009

Feeling just a little squirrely!

Yep, feeling just a little anxious about Convention. I am excited and a little bit....I don't know what the right feeling is, not scared but...maybe just eager and in suspense about what it will be like. I feel like a squirl all twitchy and on edge. HA!
My husband is so funny, he tells me that he pictures it like this: Hundreds or thousands of women. Young and old, skinny and fat, short and tall, all kinds of women, standing at a stage and they unveil a stamp or something and you all scream and cry. He says it will be like a concert- he says Michael Jackson, but his story makes me think Beattles back in the day- where we all just FREAK out and can't controll ourselves, maybe we'll even faint it is so exciting. Now I am not sure about the fainting or crying, but maybe the screaming. It is funny because I don't get overly excited about things very often, so this is probably the part that makes me the most uncomfortable, but I am pretty sure I will live. In fact, I am pretty sure I'll have a blast!

So anyway, enough about that. Last night I wanted to make a card with my little squirrel from Animal Crackers. I thought it would be perfect with some of the new fall themed paper. Here is what I came up with (below). Admittedly, I don't like about half of this DSP, but I do like some of the pages like this read one with the oak tree print on it. I think this with the Suede and Mustard is a good fall color combo.


All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Animal Crackers & Holiday Best
Paper: Soft Suede & More Mustard CS, Autumn Traditions and Thoroughly Modern DSP
Ink/Markers: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel and More Mustard
Accessories: 3/4" Twill Tape, Button Boquet, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals

And here is another shoebox swap card designed by my friend Christine. I love this color combo, this is a great card!


Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you get to go to convention and I am not going this year! You will have a lot of fun; it is THOUSANDS of women, not hundreds, and you'll get to meet friends and STAMP! What could be more fun? Of course, I just heard from one of my sidelines who went last year, that she didn't have fun...must be because she wasn't with ME! Hee! Have a great time! Cute card, by the way!

Karen said...

Very cute cards! Have a blast at convention!

Andrea Walford said...

Great squirrel card! I'm sure you will love convention! It's quite a bit as your husband imagines! Smiles everywhere!