Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dear Anonymous-

Anonymous left me a comment the other day on this post. She gave me a nice compliment on my card and was thankful that I didn't use "Bee's of the Corn" in my card. What???? OK, well this is an inside joke. I know who said this it is one of my Stampin' friends and we recently discovered that we graduated from the same high school in the same class- whoa! That is pretty cool eh? Anyway, basically she doesn't like these little bees from Just Buzzin' By for some reason. I don't know what is wrong with her, because they are sooooooo CUTE! Anonymous, what is wrong with you?!?! ;) I mean you are young and hip and cool, you are funny, what gives?! Well I made these cards just for you and I hope they change your mind about the little Bees! ;)


This first little card is so fun to me. When I saw the new Ocassions Mini Walk in the Park DSP with this little hexagon shaped paper in saffron, it reminded me of honeycomb, so I made it so. I just cut around the lines and cut out a few shapes, I stamped my CUTE little bees and placed them in and around the honeycomb, like they are little worker honey bees. I used crystal effects and gold glitter to make honey drizzle off of the comb. What do you think Anonymous?

This second card is just fun. I like the way the CUTE little bees fit in the build-a-brads. I think the colors are playful. I have been really wanting to use my Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP so this is why I picked the colors. I enjoyed all the layers and playing with the stamps and colors. Hope that everyone, including Anonymous, enjoys these cards made with the DARLING little bees.

PS- go class of 1997!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, let's see....the color combinations are nice and you get a bonus point for creative thinking, I guess. But come on, you have taken the freakish nature of these creatures to the ultimate level with the magnification the build-a-brad gives them. Is that human blood seeping out of the honeycomb? I couldn't sleep last night just knowing those things were on my computer waiting to come upstairs and render me helpless.

PS - go class of 97?...87?.........................81!

Heather Hildebrant said...

You guys are crackin' me up! Love the cards, Katie.