Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thank you Sale-a-bration

Well Sale-a-bration is over, no more free SAB stuff until next year. Hopefully you got some of that action. If not, never fear, SU is coming out with yet another special for April! YEAH for SU!

April is the release of the Occassions mini and if you spend $40 from the mini, you get $10 FREE from the last page (pg 208) of the regular catty. This page features some really great individual stamps and some mini note kits. Did you even know that existed??? It does and is a great way to suppliment existing stamp sets with a sentiment or floral image you want, or to have a mini notes to go with gift bags, etc. So check out the new mini and get $10 free (you can see it on the right side bar).

Before I leave you for the evening, I wanted to show you a fun card I made tonight. I borrowed this set, Fifth Avenue Floral, from my friend Anne-Claire (check out her blog on the right bar as well). I stamped the image in Rose Red on Pretty in pink paper and embossed with glassy glaze, this allowed the outline to set a little better for the next part. Then I used my aqua painter and rose red to watercolor my flower. Watercolor paper is good for this too, but I didn't have any and wanted the pink to show through. I used Kiwi Kiss and the same pink for the background layers of cardstock and used my ticket corner punch on the corners. Next I used my bigshot Top Note with the bella rose paper and again the big shot swirly sizzlet in kiwi for the flower "stems" and once they were set mounted my dried and cut out flower above with dimensionals. I took another peice of the pink and stamped the sentiment in rose red and embossed and adhered. I finished it off with a button from my button boquet and some leftover little swirly's from my swirls die. Wha-lah!














I have to admit, I do like this card (yes, tooting my own horn) because I feel like this was outside my normal realm of creation. I always feel excited when I do something new or break my own mold. This card is soo not my style as far as creating goes, but I did it and think it worked out well. Hope you like it too. :)

PS- I know I have been promising some easter stuff and plan to post some tomorrow. I am taking a vacation day tomorrow from my "real job" so I can get a little needed R&R. Reality is that I will probably stamp all day, but we'll see. I MIGHT go see a movie- yep by myself. I haven't been to one in so long with the little one, and although normally that would seem lonely to me, right now it sounds lavish. Funny, the things that become treats when you have young kids and never get out! Oh and last month we went to Applebees (I used to loath that place) and it was a huge outting- LOL!

No comments: