Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bella's

I borrowed these bella stamps from a friend, aren't they cute?! I made these about a week ago, for two friends, but didn't want to spoil any suprises, so I waited to post the pictures. One was for my friend Krista (www.sweettoothmn.blogspot.com), I sent her a few items she ordered and a few more just for fun. The second one was for my new friend Jackie (jackiestamps4fun.wordpress.com) because she was very nice and offered me so advice :). I wanted to make these cards fun and representative of girlfriends (which the stamps do pretty well by themselves).

I used the Rockabilly Specialty DSP, which I love. Again, I wanted to hoard it, but I am challenging myself right ;). I watercolored the ladies using the SU markers. OK, here is the best part, the flower centers (flowers are SU die cuts) were a happy accident. I am sure you know what that is or at least have had one before right? So I thought maybe I could set an eyelet in the middle and have some ribbon sticking out the edges of the eyelet. I did this and it looked HORRIBLE, but I flipped the flower over and this is the effect I got- wahlah! Happy accident! Anyway, I know Jackie got hers already and liked it. I haven't heard from Krista yet, but she must have gotten it by now- hope she likes hers too.

Thanks girls, for being good friends! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Char wuz here!! LOL!! Just wanted to drop you a line to tell you how much I enjoy your blog... I was your 1000th visitor!!

Keep up the great stamples!

Rubber Hugs,

Char in So Cal
{scrampaddict} {at} {cox} {dot} {net}
darn spammers!! lol