Sunday, February 22, 2009

Butterfly Garden

My friend Heather let me borrow her stamp set Inspired by Nature about two weeks ago and I had (as of earlier today) yet to use it. I wanted to return it to her, so I figured I better get going. I made about 6 cards using this same set, I haven't quite finished them all, but here is the first.

I call this one Butterfly Garden. I love the white on the black and then I bordered it with taken with teal cardstock. Then I wasn't sure what to do. I was playing around with color combos and decided that a nice bright yellow would be good. So I stamped the butterflys in black on the current sale-a-bration DSP. I chose the DSP because there was a little bit of different shades that could show through. I then embossed the butterflys with gold emboss powder and cut them out. The butterflys are from the Dream's Du Joir set and the hostess set God's Beauty. I like the effect it created.

Oh and again, this one will work for the flourishes timeless tuesday challenge- http://flourishesnewsletter.blogspot.com/2009/02/timeless-tuesday_16.html

2 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Katie, this is wonderful!!! Love the contrast of colors. Those butterflies really pop!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FTTC!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I love everything about it!