Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I did it!!!!! Challenge cards 4-9

OK, if you have been reading you know that I have been working on the cupcake challenge which is to make 9 cards. Today is the deadline and I didn't think I was going to make it but I did- YEAH! You might think that is silly, only 9 cards, but I have a full time job and a toddler at home, there were 9 templates to work from AND it takes me at least and hour to design something usually. I did three cards last night and three the night before. If you see me sleeping at my desk today, you'll know why. ;) So yes, if you can't tell I am so proud of myself.

Now, some of the cards I love and some I am so-so on. Of course I don't have 9 different cupcakes, so some are not cupcakes (they aren't required). (check out taylored expressions blog here- http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/).

Card #4 (actually this was my #9- they are out of order I did them in, but it doesn't matter) was designed by Monica Davis- http://stampnmad.typepad.com/mad_stamper/2009/01/taylor-expressions-cupcake-challenge-anniversary.html. I call it Special Delivery. The carousel note is SU, but the rest is just from the limited (or at least I think) supplies I had.



Card #5- template by Stephanie Hargis- http://stephsstampinstuff.blogspot.com/2009/01/cupcake-anniversary-challenge-and.html. I call this one Apple of my Eye. All SU products except the ribbon (random, came of a christmas present or something).




Card #6- template by Jackie Pedro- http://thescallopededge.typepad.com/the_scalloped_edge/2009/01/tecc52-a-year-of-cupcake-sketches-anniversary.html. I call this one Cupcake Love. Normally I would have put the image in the big circle and the sentiment in the smaller, so again, trying to think outside the box. I also thought it was fun to string the ribbon through the eyelets in the top right corner. All products SU except the cupcake stamp. The love is die cut from the big shot.



Card #7 (almost there!)- template by Donna Baker- http://stampamaniac.blogspot.com/2009/01/tecc52-taylored-expressions-anniversary.html. I call this one Honey Comb because of the pattern, not exaclty like a honey comb, but repeated background. I am not sure about this card. I like the template, but I had a hard time with it. What do you think?



Best for Last- these last two are my favorites.

#8- Pretty Peony. Card design by Vicki Chrisman- http://vickichrisman.blogspot.com/. I just love this stamp set don't you?! I love the idea of using blues and other unconventional colors for flowers. Everything SU.



And finally, #9!!!! Template by Sherrie Siemens- http://sherrie-cardcreme.blogspot.com/2009/01/year-of-cupcake-fridays.html. Now this card is my very favorite! At first blush I didn't know what to do with this template. (I had some trouble with all the circles because I don't have a cutting system for that so all were traced and cut by hand- which explains why they are imperfect. ) But yesterday during lunch I needed a stress break and went to a stamp store I love (but don't frequent often because I am a SU demonstrator)- Monkey Love Rubber Stamps. I found the spaceship and the fuzzy little guy and got an idea. The color is slightly off in this pic (the cotton ball blast off explosion is not orange, it is white) but oh-well. I used a texture plate for the background and then brushed it with ink over the top to make the stars pop out. To make it pop even more, I used a little crystal effects on the spaceship window and a Stampin' Dimensional behind the little space dude. Most paper, ink, markers are SU, everything else is other. What do you think of this card???? Did I mention I LOVE it!?! i just think it is really fun, and was fun to make.



Thanks for staying tuned for the cupcake challenge and wish me luck, maybe I will win. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your cupcake challenge! All of your creations are fantastic! You certainly have a wide range of things to enjoy!

stampsndeidre said...

Such a cute card! I have 2 boys and I am always searching for cute boy's cards. They seem so hard to do! Very nice job! Good luck in the challenge!!!